To make this Delicious Garlic-Butter-Steak & Potatoes-Skillet You’ll need the following
- A piece of meat
- 2 tsp oil olive
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided (for steaks)
- 1 1/2 lbs. Cut top sirloin into 1-inch pieces (or filet mignon, New York strip or rib eye)
- 1 medium pound gold Yukon cut into 3/4 inch wedges*
- spice mix
- 1 TB each garlic powder, paprika, brown sugar
- 2 tsp every powder onion, coriander / cumin / kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, chipotle chili pepper
- Garlic Butter Sauce (must be prepared before cooking!)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4-6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1/2 tsp. All dried thyme, dried thyme
How To Make Garlic-Butter-Steak & Potatoes-Skillet
Whisk all the seasoning mix seasonings together in a small bowl. Remove two tablespoons to use on potatoes. While steak is still on a cutting board, pat dry and sprinkle with remaining seasoning mixture. throw to cover it evenly; Sit aside.
Place the potatoes and ½ cup of water in a microwave-safe dish. Cover in the microwave for 6-7 minutes (the potatoes should be barely soft). Strain it and leave it to dry. Drizzle the potatoes with a tablespoon of olive oil and season with two tablespoons of the seasoning mixture. Stir to cover evenly.Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a 12-inch cast iron pan over medium heat. Once hot, add the potatoes and simmer for 1-2 minutes or until they begin to brown, flipping the potatoes for an additional 1-2 minutes until the fork softens. Remove to a tent plate with foil. Wipe the pan.
Heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a now empty skillet over medium-high heat. Once heated through, add half of the steak to the skillet in a single layer and allow to sear for 2 minutes, then flip the steak and continue cooking for an additional minute or until desired doneness. Remove to a plate. Wipe down the pan if there are any black parts.
To empty the pan now, heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil over medium to high heat. Once heated through, add remaining steak to skillet in a single layer and let sear without simmering for 2 minutes. Stir in the steak, then immediately add the butter, garlic, parsley, oregano and thyme. Cook, stirring, for a minute, then remove from heat.
Add the steaks and potatoes to the skillet and stir to coat evenly in the butter sauce. Season with additional salt and/or pepper to taste. Feet it right away.